The Electoral Commission is responsible for the administration of parliamentary elections and referenda including the maintenance of the electoral rolls. We are a small, committed team of experts located in Wellington who support the delivery of electoral events.
Registrar of Electors - Team Leader – Wellington
The Commission has a vacancy and is seeking the right person to join our national team of Registrars of Electors.
The Registrar of Electors – Team Leader fulfils the role of Registrar for the nominated electorate(s) as well as leading a team of Registrars of Electors or Deputy Registrars of Electors.
This role is not only constitutionally important but exciting and satisfying.
Your leadership skills and operational experience will be essential in helping the Commission to:
- Compile and maintain an accurate electoral roll for the nominated electorate(s) in a way which is consistent with legislation and national processes;
- Encourage and inspire eligible electors to participate in elections;
- Develop and foster relationships with key community stakeholders, working with them to develop and implement local plans that support the Commission’s national objectives;
- Achieve national objectives through working with other Commission staff;
- Implement nationally designed enrolment processes and systems that work seamlessly with voting processes to achieve the best possible electoral administration outcomes nationwide.
This is a permanent full time opportunity.
The nature of the work requires our Registrars to work flexible hours, including weekend work during busy periods, as required. Travel within a number of designated electorates will be required to undertake engagement with communities and participation activities, create working partnerships, and to fulfil public speaking engagements. Travel outside the region may also be required.
The successful applicant will have a strong leadership skills, customer focused, confident communication skills, be well organised and an excellent team player.
This is a unique opportunity for a person with a reputation for being highly effective and collaborative. Ideally you will come from an operational environment, have experience in the Government sector and be familiar with operating within legislative guidelines. Impartiality and integrity are essential.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a security check.
Applications close at 5pm Sunday, 11 February 2018.