Any individual or group who spends or intends to spend over $12,600 (including GST) on election advertising during the regulated period for the 2017 General Election has to register with the Electoral Commission.
The promoter’s name and address as shown on the register had to appear on any election advertisements published by the promoter.
The register shows for each registered promoter:
- the name and contact details of the promoter
- the name of the applicant
- the names of persons occupying a position comparable with that of a director of a company where the promoter is not an individual or company
- the names of the trustees where the promoter is a trust
- whether the promoter is registered to promote the general election, the referendum or both, and
- the dates of registration, amendments or cancellation of registration.
Promoters are listed in date order of registration.
Register of Registered Promoters
|Name of the registered promoter||Address of the registered promoter||Name of the person authorised to make the application where the promoter is not an individual||Names of persons occupying a position comparable with that of a director of a company where the promoter is not an individual or company||Names of the trustees where the promoter is a trust||Registration status|
|New Zealand Council of Trade Unions||Level 5 Education House 178 Willis Street Te Aro Wellington 6011||Richard Wagstaff||Richard Wagstaff||Not applicable||Registered 22 June 2017|
|New Zealand Nurses Organisation||Level 3 Crowe Howarth House 57 Willis Street, Wellington 6011||Memo Musa||Memo Musa||Not applicable||Registered 20 June 2017|
|E tū Incorporated (INC)||7 McGregor Street, Rongotai 6022||Bill Newson||Muriel Tunoho, John Ryall||Not applicable||Registered 19 June 2017|
|Post Primary Teachers’ Association Te Wehengarua||Level 5, 60 Willis Street, Wellington 6011||Michael Stevenson||Michael Stevenson||Not applicable||Registered 3 April 2017|
|Hobson's Pledge Trust||
Suite 311, 184 Symonds Street, Mt Eden, Auckland 1010
|Sarah Taylor||Not applicable||Donald Brash, Cassandra Costello, Michael Butler, Peter Shirtcliffe||Registered 9 January 2017|