To make it as easy as possible to vote, make sure you're correctly enrolled now.
You need to be enrolled by Friday 22 September to vote in the general election.
You must enrol if you:
- are 18 years or older, and
- are a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand, and
- have lived in New Zealand for more than one year continuously at some time in your life.
For the purposes of enrolling to vote, a permanent resident is someone who does not have to leave New Zealand by a set date.
You need to update your enrolment details whenever you move house or change your name.
If you’re 17 years old, you can provisionally enrol by filling in an enrolment form. When you turn 18 you’ll be automatically enrolled and you’ll be ready to vote.
- Your guide to the 2017 General Election brochure.pdf (PDF 1.86 MB)
- Your guide to the 2017 general election A4.pdf (PDF 294.08 KB)