You need to be enrolled to vote in the Northcote by-election.
Only those who are enrolled in the Northcote general electorate before election day can vote in the by-election.
To enrol and vote in the Northcote by-election, you must:
- have lived within the Northcote electorate for more than one month
- be 18 years of age or older, and
- have lived in New Zealand for more than one year continuously at some time in your life, and
- be a New Zealand citizen, or
- be a permanent resident of New Zealand.
Everyone correctly enrolled by Monday 7 May will be sent an EasyVote information pack in the mail. The pack includes your personal EasyVote card and all the information you need to vote. If you enrol after this date, you can still vote, but you won’t get an EasyVote card. You can enrol right up until the Friday before election day, but not on election day itself.
If you're not sure whether you live in the Northcote electorate, you can check the electorate boundaries on a map here.