It's always important to make sure you're enrolled and ready to vote. How else will you be able to have your say on the issues that affect you, your family, and New Zealand?
In New Zealand the law says that you must be enrolled on the electoral roll. You must enrol if you:
- are 18 years or older, and
- have lived in New Zealand for more than one year continuously at some time in your life, and
- are a New Zealand citizen, or
- are a permanent resident of New Zealand*.
If you have any problems using the form, either contact us or call 0800 36 76 56. If calling from overseas, the number is +64 9 909 4182.
* Cook Island Maori, Niueans and Tokelauans can enrol once they have lived in New Zealand continuously for 12 months. They do not require permanent residency to be eligible to enrol and vote.