The Electoral Commission is responsible for the administration of parliamentary elections and referenda including the maintenance of the electoral rolls. We are a small, committed team of experts located in Wellington who support the delivery of electoral events.
Deputy Registrar of Electors - Manukau
The Commission is seeking to fill a permanent full-time role for a Deputy Registrar of Electors for the Manukau office.
The position will be tasked with key streams of work:
- Compile and maintain an accurate electoral roll for the nominated electorate(s) in a way which is consistent with legislation and national processes and which fulfils the objectives of the Electoral Commission
- Encourage and inspire eligible electors to participate in elections
- Develop and foster relationships with key community groups, working with them to develop and implement local plans, based on evidence of the needs of local communities, which encourage participation in elections
- Work effectively with other Registrars of Electors, Commission Staff and stakeholders to achieve national objectives
- Participate in the development of local, regional and national strategies and ensuring the implementation of enrolment processes and systems that work seamlessly with voting processes to achieve the best possible electoral administration outcomes
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your current CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday, 3 October 2018.
- deputy_registrar_of_electors_-_manukau.pdf (PDF 152.72 KB)