Quantitative and qualititative research projects have explored electoral participation in New Zealand, particularly by young adults and Māori.
The results of research projects covering the last decade are available for download below.
- Children and young people as citizens - Dunedin, 2005.pdf (PDF 188 KB)
- Prompting Participation - ASPA Conference, 2006.pdf (PDF 213.1 KB)
- Txt_trial_election_08_final_report.pdf (PDF 208.28 KB)
- Māori Electoral Participation. Te Hoe Nuku Roa School of Māori Studies 2007.pdf (PDF 443.14 KB)
- Engagement of Maori in Decision-making. Research NZ, 2006 .pdf (PDF 1.06 MB)
- Maori Electoral Engagement - A reviw of Existing Data 2006.pdf (PDF 398.09 KB)