RealMe® is a secure login service, with a particular focus on privacy, backed by the New Zealand Government and New Zealand Post, that allows individuals to electronically transact with a number of government agencies and companies.
There are two types of RealMe services:
- A RealMe login is a single username and password which can be used when you register for electronic updates to your enrolment details.
- A verified RealMe account works in the same way as a RealMe login, however, it has the added benefit that you are able to prove who you are online and can be used to enrol and to update your enrolment details online.
Setting up a verified RealMe account involves completing the following steps:
- Create a RealMe login or use your existing RealMe account login.
- Verify your identity. You'll need either your passport, or citizenship certificate, or birth or immigration details handy to apply for RealMe.
- Visit a participating PostShop. RealMe have to match your identity to a real person - you'll need to show up and have your photo taken. Your details will be checked and verified and RealMe will get back to you within five working days. Alternately, if you are requesting a new New Zealand passport online, you can create a verified RealMe identity at the same time.
Need help using RealMe?
Contact the RealMe Helpdesk
- From New Zealand: 0800 664 774 (toll free)
- From overseas: +64 4 463 9376 (overseas call charges apply)
- Alternatively enquire online
The igovt logon service
Please note, the igovt logon service became part of the RealMe service in July 2013. The RealMe service is just as secure as the igovt logon and is designed to protect your privacy.